1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who actually likes Plunder Time with the win requirement?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Super-Nor, Jun 16, 2017 at 5:48 PM.

1. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

The win requirement makes Plunder Time pretty much Thunderstruck without the rain. I have not talked with anyone that finds this change enjoyable.

Who is in a closed beta test group that suggests features and approves changes? Forget about the NDA - We could all have a friendly chat here or a lynching or something. ;)

I still want a guild competition that is not gem-to-win rumbles. These group events that last a week are not it.

Clash has their opt-in guild wars with a limit of three battles. Boom Beach has it's "operations" we can do daily and members can battle when they pop on at their convenience. Why can't pirates have a daily fun activity like these?

Is anything being worked on? It is like screaming a brick wall to get information around here. How about anyone that has played over 1000 days gets the insider scoop? That would work for man many of us that keep hoping for something better.

2. Seawitch

Seawitch First Mate

I have read nothing that would entice me back to the game. Deleted the app.

3. I Agree. It was more fun without having to win as you could be more inventive trying to siphon all the gold/grog with thieves etc. this way is frankly dull.

Not to mention the reward gap between 800k and 1,750,00k ( I won't accept that 2000 EP as a reward). I imagine all but the very large guilds will have a hope of crossing that gap, especially with the Win rule.

4. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

At the risk of sticking my head above the parapet...

The old plundertime was never my favourite event, farming resources is a necessary evil for upgrading - attempting to sustain it for long enough to complete the event was just too much like hard work for me.

Now you can do full 3* attacks, (like in Thunderstruck) & earn reasonable points even for bases with just 400k of each resource.

I realise for anyone who is the complete opposite of me (who likes farming & isn't interested in full attacks) this is a backwards step... however for ppl like me it is a definite improvement.

5. Dutchie

Dutchie Crew

I like Plunder Time... and our guild will complete it. So a thumbs up from me... apart from the EP prizes... lol

Capt. Sharky and Omar CeceƱa like this.
  6. Broadside

Broadside Crew

All my farming is 3star smashing of wealthy targets. I hate thief attacls that take 500k+ grog and disappear without a shield, so am quite happy with that aspect of the game. The plunder time rewards are pretty pointless. Both costumes for me were duplicates (again). No gem rewards. Surely at the very least they could have an algorithm that doesn't generate duplicate costumes?

Capt. Sharky, 850arrr and MorganFlint like this.
  7. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

In all honesty I like it, but reaching the final few legs of the event truly requires that everyone inside a full guild participate. The only major down side is those EP's being so far placed into the event.

I myself become quite discouraged at that point and lose the personal motivation of pushing forward since even the 5k BP's are so far ahead.

Case n point. Raiders has about 40 active players and really had no choice but to kick at least 6 of the final 10 who weren't participating in attacks at all. It's a real drag, because some do participate in perks, but overall we want the majority of players to feel like their efforts aren't in vain and truly appreciated.

Perhaps @Lynsey [Midoki] can look into this concern as well. All I can guess is that more and more players will leave their Guild and join those that have the greatest success of completing the events in general.

TiGeR

850arrr likes this.
  8. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I liked the clever and efficient looting without the win requirement. Now this event is a tedious as Thunderstruck and requires all of one's free time to complete. I am hoping they do not modify Boggs to ruin it (for me) also. I will end up getting about 125k or more for each of my islands to help my guild, but this is the last time I will bother.

9. Taipanfan

Taipanfan Crew

We finished the event 12 hours ago. Intra-guild rivalries had a PH7 battling for position with a PH11 (me) on the contributors list for several days, so hats off to Midoki for getting the weighting of points right over the various PH levels. Our top ten featured PH's of varied levels. A PH10 topped us, the 7 came second.
    Every other guild event to now has been impossible to finish because the lower PH's dragged us down. I feel they've finally got it right.
    It could be further improved by making it a shorter period, 4 or 5 days max, as all these events become a grind by the end.

10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

For me the solo Plundertime event is downright terrible. I give up two attacks in seeing how ridiculous the tokens needed to complete the event. Now for the Guild event version with the win requirement, I could dig in and get behind my crew mates in making it happen. I liked it but like others have said, if feels a lot like Thunderstruck. Our guild did finish the evet 2days in advance, I guess we like to attack and get three stars :D

ElFrenetico and Dog Breath like this.
  11. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

I was one who complained about the original Plunder Time event - blame me! I didn't hear of anyone who liked the original format. Not in my guild anyway.

Mindless loss farming is not fun and certainly takes very little skill. Anyone that cared about PR was at a huge disadvantage with the original event, while the farmers already hiding out in the lower ranks were on a 'busman's holiday'.

I think Midoki did the right thing with the changes to this event, and my entire crew enjoyed it. May not have been anything all that new, but at least it got everyone playing the game as it was intended to be played.