Unfriendly pirates!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Helloween, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Helloween

Helloween Powder Monkey

We at DevilsRejects are not gonna put up with nasty language period! We are a small guild and have had members go out to recruit only to get nasty replies from from some members! Im talking f#%$ you guys and other things! Lets grow up and have a fun friendly experience for all! Thank you Helloween!

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We don't advocate abusive behaviour, but sending people into other people's guilds is seen as being extremely bad form, so if you're recruiting in this manner, it's fairly likely that people may get a bit tetchy.

If you do go into other guilds to recruit, it's probably best that you make sure that they don't have an active Captain or Quartermaster in order to reduce the risk of bad feeling. Otherwise it's probably best to recruit via the forum/Facebook/various Slack channels - the latter can be particularly good for getting people to pop in and say hello, and forming alliances with other guilds.

Superenigmatix and WOLLIMAUS like this.
  3. TTFN

TTFN Powder Monkey

It wasn't appreciated when hellboy came recruiting from devilsrejects at thebeachfire2 but we didn't say anything. Just sayin.

4. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

If a guild has an inactive Captain (10 days plus) they don’t come up in a search which makes it hard to visit those. Most people aren’t on the forum which is why the recruitment section just doesn’t work for more than a dribble of new recruits, which makes it pretty much pointless. As far as “extremely bad form” goes, I don’t agree. It’s extremely hard to build a guild these days. If the guild is a happy one recruiters pose no threat.

People have been recruiting since I joined the game. We’ve had them visit us, and I recruit for us. For the most part, I believe it’s how you go about it. Trying to poach individuals sucks, but offering hope to anyone not enjoying the guild they’re in and can’t find the right guild for them works big time! Merging guilds offers the best hope of building.

But there will always be some that don’t like it. They are welcome to their opinion, and I suggest they put “recruiters not welcome” in their guild description.

Seawitch likes this.
  5. Helloween

Helloween Powder Monkey

I agree with ya Taipanfan! 90% of people dont join the forum! So for a guild to go out and seek other players by going guild jumping is friendly compition! But to come into my guild and tell me to f#%$ off now thats personal! Had me or a member came into their guild and been an ass well then deserved! But thanks for the comments!

Seawitch likes this.
  6. 01189998891191197253

01189998891191197253 Powder Monkey

Hi I would like to recruit more for our guild. Can you give any guidance on how to access / use the slack channels?

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It's been a while since I joined, but I believe the most common community Slacks are:

PPBay: https://ppbay.herokuapp.com/
    Theebar: https://theebar-invite.herokuapp.com/

There may be more!

8. Heatmiser4

Heatmiser4 Crew

Please join us at theebar for a drink ☕️ and a chat! (We’ll have something a bit stronger but coffee is the only drink emoji that works on the forum) We are not a place to recruit but we like friendly guilds and visiting to meet new people keeps the game interesting! ⛱

9. 01189998891191197253

01189998891191197253 Powder Monkey