1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirating days are so close to finished

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taipanfan, Dec 6, 2017 at 12:25 AM.

1. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

With so many threads on the problems of the last update I think it less likely that what I see is the problem will be lost or not seen by Midoki. Hopefully they will see this.

PROBLEM: the last change does little to address any of the concerns that the players (Midoki’s customers) have. By fixing the “problem” of only a few funding perks (not a problem in our eyes) Midoki has invoked heated argument not only in the forum, but also guild chat. There are already people reporting they can’t and aren’t funding perks. That changes the way we play, and not for the better.
    SOLUTION: revert to the old system, or drastically reduce the costs to be the equivalent of what we had. Let the guilds determine how many people we want funding perks.

PROBLEM: Midoki does listen, but chooses to ignore our suggestions. (They don’t ignore all suggestions as has been pointed out quite correctly, but the list is short and in the most part very minor).
    SOLUTION: Give us feedback. Give us a development ideas thread in the forum that you respond to on every item, positive or negative.

BIGGEST PROBLEM: Watching what chaos, or not, is caused by the perk funding and costs fiasco for a week or two will not be a reliable guide as to what will happen. The damage control that is occurring in the guilds by their leadership will delay the unltimate effect of your changes. I am playing on in the hope that you will change the game back to something similar to what we had, but I fear the player base will be much smaller by the time you see the effect in your stats. And will eventually see the end of a once great game.
    SIMPLE SOLUTION: See above solutions

2. P-Douggie

P-Douggie Powder Monkey

I’ll hang in for a while too, but not sure how long. 1,239 days in piracy and this is how it ends.. i couldnt be sadder. Come on Midoki, you have limited time to fix this mistake. Knock a zero off the end of each perk cost and you’ll keep our loyalty.

3. Colonel Forbin

Colonel Forbin Powder Monkey

I like your “solution” The players of Plunder Pirates maintain the gameplay....Building Guilds, Maintaining Guilds, and nurturing new players. This is a big personal investment for alot of veteran players that have been here since the beginning. I think we expect the same investment from our developers to help maintain the progression of the game.

Perk cost increase a major talking point in our Guild chat.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  4. K.K.Lassig

K.K.Lassig Crew

If it wasn't for the event I would retire today, I have been playing plunder pirates since I saw it on great new apps at the iTunes Store. But you can't buy bp with gems and I have nothing to spend grog on except legendary pirates but I will never get the bp I need unless I don't fund perks. My walls are almost all maxed so soon I will not be able to spend any gold.unless my guild wants to push I have nothing else to play for. MIDOKI JUST 2 days ago I thought I would never stop. Now I have no reason to keep going

5. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I hate always being the optimistic one. Give this time to play out. I still have faith in the long term, the end product will be worth it. I'm still enjoying the events and sailing new map.

Sea Patriot and WePillageYou like this.
  6. Bjays92

Bjays92 First Mate

Man unlike you @Spongee! This is the best, most constructive post I have seen yet, thanks @Taipanfan for taking time to not only clearly iterate what the problem is (which all of us I believe agree on) acknowledging that this whole thing is not completely one sided, midoki does hear us, they do sometimes listen, but also constructively giving a potential solution. All in a very polite way! If only more people were capable of this (smh) also @Taipanfan you have my full support on everything you mentioned in ur post. @Lynsey [Midoki] pls take into consideration what has been said here

WePillageYou likes this.
  7. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

And he did not have to swear to do it.

8. Bjays92

Bjays92 First Mate

That comment is kinda ironic coming from someone who's slack name starts with 69

Superenigmatix likes this.
  9. Said the person whose name starts with BJ :oops: .;)

10. Parathug

Parathug Powder Monkey

Many are unhappy with the changes from the latest game update & some are questioning the sanity of continuing with this game. The changes to the perk funding has put many off donating anything period & the game isn’t worth playing without them. Considering most people play in their spare time this huge increase in demand for BP is so over the top that collecting enough to progress through the game (even considering the increase in BP every successful attack) will be extremely difficult. I know that the developers were trying to rectify known issues about the game but the pendulum has swung too far the other way & this isn’t the right solution.

Taipanfan likes this.
  11. Bjays92

Bjays92 First Mate

That's fair, tho my name actually stands for the Toronto blue Jays and the year they first won the World Series lol

Superenigmatix and Sea Patriot like this.
  12. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I agree with you Spongee, I at first tok was very upset with the update. But I feel the adjustment to the new system will is the long term solution.

Much of us wanted more outfits, I know I did. And I always struggled with EP being in a small guild, in the recent past few months, BP began to be an issue. The earnings were tweeked and adjusted to be balanced in order to earn them on almost any corner. There were bugs to be worked out but that’s expected.
    Just give it time and it’ll get better.

13. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I always figured that’s what your name meant along with the “loons” in your banner

14. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

Another assumption on your part that you are reading into things? Maybe I am 69 years old? Maybe my birthday is June is 9th? Maybe I am 6'-9" tall? Maybe that was the suggested username when I created my google account? Funny thing about assumptions....

15. K.K.Lassig

K.K.Lassig Crew

Old perks are back according to plunder pirate news, give it a like to let midoki know you appreciate it

16. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

I like your approach, you provide the problem and a solution

17. Parathug

Parathug Powder Monkey

Thank you management for returning the game to the state that we love & enjoy.

Cheers me hearties!!!:D;)

MorganFlint and peg-brain bob like this.
  18. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Is there any reason why my last two attacks, everyone including Bombers, takes the scenic route? This is unnecessary. If that’s the case, I might as well revert back to a corner Island, lol.

Ultimate Sea Dog likes this.
  19. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

corner island cancer again? No, please no o_O

20. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Nope, there's been no changes to AI.

I'm not sure if you do it already, but it's always worth double checking if the Stonemason perk is active (it'll be animating if it is). Units work out the fastest route in terms of 'effort', so will choose to walk around than break through layers of high level walls that have been further buffed by the Stonemason perk. With Bombers, it's also worth clearing the route to the wall with other Units, as they have a tendency to get distracted. ;)