LP Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ikura, May 19, 2016.

1. Ikura

Ikura Powder Monkey

Hello all,

I am at the point in the game where I need to pick 1-3 LPs and upgrade them while letting everyone else wait. May I ask you who you top three LPs to level would be or who they are and a sort reason why? I love to hear other view points because I always seem to miss something.

Than you all in advance...

2. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

Out of the 12 total LP's, 6 get materials from west map and 6 get materials from the east map. Have you completed either maps so far, or are you focusing on one more so?

Western map: Mack, Boomer, Anna, Blackbeard, Ching and Cornelious

Eastern map: Greenbeard, Tinto, BlackBart, Caesar, Jeanne and Sadie

Personally I would go Eastern map and focus on Tinto, Sadie and BlackBart. But it depends on your current progress. Some of the materials are overlapping slightly also but not as high of a rate (voodoo mask, gun powder).

Something else I didn't consider is the level of your ship/lighthouse. If you are maxed at the pink ship and can sail to the limits of the map, then I again suggest the East map. If you are still a lower level ship you will have a easier time hitting sea creatures closer to your island more consistently on the West map.

Either way you have the right idea to just focus on 3 LP's at first... this will also help with any space issues that may happen in your silo.

3. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Sadie -- she sits back from afar and can destroy a base's offensive weapons.
    Bart -- Takes a licking and keeps on ticking
    Blackbeard --He tends to go straight forward from where you deploy him, plowing through walls if need be.

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

Sadie and Tinto on offense for me. If I only had two LP, it would be those two.

Sadie is obvious because of her massive range and the ability to break walls
    Tinto at high levels boosts a large number of troops +30 extra damage per attack, which on an HG is 150 extra damage per 5-shot burst, which across several HG adds up to a ton - and it also gives them a small amount of extra toughness too. He's my favorite on offense because I don't have to change my strategy to incorporate him, just drop him with a bunch of troops and let him give them a boost. You only have to use his ability once so he's pretty much fire and forget; in fact, if you use his ability a second time, he can cancel the buff on the initial pirates if they're still alive, since there's a limit to how many troops can be buffed at once, so I almost never use it again unless I mis-press it. He's a very hands-off LP.

Ching is great if you can use her right, but she dies very fast and will screw up your attack if you don't. She's one of the best defense LP though, so either way, she's a good third choice and I'd recommend her as your third.

Black Bart and Caesar are also fantastic if you care about defense. Caesar is pretty easy to max out, since gunpowder is easy to farm. He's not great on offense though, but I have him man the fort most of the time. Bart is great on defense and much better on offense, but he's a lot harder to farm for.

I'd go with Sadie and Tinto as first picks, and Ching or Bart as your third.

5. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

I have never really used tinto. He is upgraded to lvl 8 at the moment. Definitely worth the time to upgrade more then.

6. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

I'm a little partial to him but I might say he's the best LP out of the bunch.

7. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

I mainly use my lps for defence rather than attacking. So the ones I use the most are black Bart, Ching, ceasar and Ching.

8. Ikura

Ikura Powder Monkey

Thank you all for the quick repsonse, sorry I left out valuable information. I do have all the LPs. I have cleared both maps, lighthouse and ship are maxed. I spend all my exploring on the western map horsing all the battered chests I can get my hands on. I needed a lot of BPs for maxing out academy. But my academy is now upgrading and can turn my BPs towards leveling LPs. I just got the Black Bart voodoo outfit from our last event so he will be useful with Jugs I believe.

It Tinto is my lowest LP as I just got him. Sounds like I need to start leveling him and start practicing with him.

9. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Guess it also depends on your fighting style. For me, the maxed Black Bart is by far the most useful legendary when it comes to attacks.

10. Ian

Ian Commodore

Attacking / offence: Ching, Sadie
    Defence: Boomer

11. Dog Breath

Dog Breath First Mate

Attacking - Tinto becoming a favourite, Black Bart

12. captaintau

captaintau Crew

There's a reason that Blackie, Ching, Sadie and Bart are "special" and have five more upgrade levels. Less so Ching as I find her quite vulnerable but the others are my upgrade priorities. On that subject, any tips on acquiring chest-only materials (diamond, ruby) short of spending gems? Lots of streaking possibly?

13. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

Hi Captaintau - I believe what you need is "The Uninhibited Pirate's Guide to Streaking", found in these forums. :)

14. Ikura

Ikura Powder Monkey

Streaking is the way to collect those higher chests. I drop to 1 and drop 7 gunners on a PH on the outskirts of a base. Once it's down, retreat spend 1 gem to get your troops back and repeat. I do it that wa for speed. If you have time you can wait for training to complete or use fewer gunners. Using LP is cheaper but not always faster. I can streak to 30 spending 30 gems in 30-45 minutes depending on PH placing.