1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guild event switched out... who thought that was a good idea??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rotten Kevy, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Rotten Kevy

Rotten Kevy Powder Monkey

So, they did not even bother to announce this as near as I can tell... I just noticed when I clicked the Event icon in the game that now it says Thunderstruck instead of Plunder Time. And the only "announcement" (if you can even call it that) is a little post in the Guild Events thread mentioning that they could not get Plunder Time working, so they're doing Thunderstruck instead.
    Good job on the communication, Midoki!! Just when we thought you were getting better...
    Who out there really thinks it was a good idea to substitute out the event at the last minute and with no announcement? I for one do NOT appreciate it.

2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Surely it was better than letting an event go ahead that doesn't have accurate rules? - so barely anyone knows how to properly participate!

(An issue with the PlunderTime FAQ was discovered too late to address in time for the event - therefore the only fair option was to substitute the event).

Intimidator and Scarlet Fever like this.
  3. TwinsDad

TwinsDad Powder Monkey

Yes, the Thunderstruck was a surprise. How long will it last? There's no special event time indicator on the home screen.....

4. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

The event icon is located on the right side of the screen next to the guild (grog) button. It shows how long is left in the event and when to expect the next storm. Thunderstruck is a week long event.

peg-brain bob and Tessa Rose like this.
  5. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Well we expected to have a guild event and we have one. Although different, i imagine a lot of guilds would be furious to have prepared for an event and then get nothing. Better to substitute than postpone imo. It'd be like expecting Christmas and being told the day before that it will be in a couple weeks instead:mad:

6. TwinsDad

TwinsDad Powder Monkey

I am not in a guild currently, and there is no event icon on my "home" screen, near the guild button or not near it.

7. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@TwinsDad that is why you are not seeing it, because it is a guild event. Must be in a guild to participate. The guild events are alternated with individual events. Being in a guild is highly recommended to progress in this game.

8. TwinsDad

TwinsDad Powder Monkey

Then why is my base experiencing Thunderstruck?

9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Because Midoki has no control over the weather lol.

Because Thunderstruck is the current ongoing event, you're just not participating in the guild scoring aspect of it. And since you're not part of a guild, you are not also getting bonus points for raiding during the event. About the only thing you'll get is BP. I can't remember if those are increased during the event or not.

10. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

They aren't, checked before and after thunderstruck.

11. I'm pro Thunderstruck!! ESPECIALLY if it's a guild event, it helps our little family to stay, and work together.:D:p:)