Gem costs for buying resources need adjustment.

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Kelani, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The gem costs for filling your stores are just outlandish. Are these going to be adjusted in a future update?

Ex: Say I have 600k max storage, it's 99 gems to fill 10%, or 60k. That's just crazy. The 50%/320 and 100%/335 options are also too expensive, (especially the 50%, which isn't even remotely proportional). I love that these options exist, but these costs are just too high, especially for lower levels, and I understand they get much higher as you progress.

I think the gem system would work much better if each gem has a known, fixed "cash value", ex: 1 gem=5,000 gold/grog (or more), and all gem costs were set using this value, so at 600k max stores, filling costs would go like this:

Fill 10% or 60k = 12 gems.
    Fill 50% or 300k = 60 gems
    Fill 100% or 600k =120 gems.

Or, at 2,000,000 Max Storage

Fill 10% or 200k = 40 gems
    Fill 50% or 1M = 200 gems
    Fill 100% or 2M = 400 gems

Of course, the gem's cash value would need some study, but I think this would ensure all the costs scale fairly at all levels.

2. PhysiX

PhysiX Powder Monkey

Well, i believe that the reason it costs so much is because they are indirectly encouraging you to purchase gems. Since the game is free, and there aren't any advertisements (as far as i can see).

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Think of it as fun tax.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm mindful of that, and that you're encouraging the 50-100% fill, but I think you're probably losing out on gem usage from lower-level people because the exorbitant costs to fill low-capacity stores aren't worth it, especially Fill by 10%. It's like paying $200k for a Ford Pinto. There's no return on investment. Using my town as an example.

Fill Gold by 10% (80k) = 121 gems
    Fill Gold by 50% (400k) = 394 gems
    Fill gold by 100% (683k) = 582 gems.

80k wouldn't buy a roll of Charmin for my outhouse! :) I can get more than that from a single raid.

IMO, to make that option useful, the 10% should either be boosted to 25%, or the price greatly reduced when a 10% Fill will yield under 100-200k of a resource.

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

The amount of gems it takes just encourages me to not use them :) Patience costs me less