1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5000 gems to rename by pirate name

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wildmanwild, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Wildmanwild

Wildmanwild Powder Monkey

5000 gems to rename by pirate name, I hate to be negative, but I find the cost to be excessive.
    Would you please think about changing this in the future.

Sea Patriot and Becker Redbeard like this.
  2. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

First change is cheaper. They may do this to disincentivise frequent name changes by players causing havoc in guilds and creating a bad reputation for themselves. That said, for an upstanding player $50 US is pricey for a name change.

3. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

It’s meaningless, if someone wants to change their name numerous let them. It’s in the player’s profile anyway.
    They could put a limit to how many times in a month one can change their name, but 5,000 gems I think is a bit much, but there are people that do it.

4. Wildmanwild

Ok so I was called WILDMANWILD how I started the game then when pirates united folded in respect I changed to PAW I now want WILDMANWILD Back, so in that case I only currently have changed my name once. I’m close to stopping playing the game in disgust.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  5. Captain Bolt

Captain Bolt Powder Monkey

From what I have seen, on a new account it is 20 gems to rename your island. A second rename looks to be 500 gems. You might be on your third.

You could rename your island prior to it being tracked so your first rename might not show in your profile but it was logged somewhere.

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

As Captain Bolt has said, the price doesn't go up to 5000 gems until your third rename - this is to discourage people from casually renaming in order to hide bad behaviour. If you feel that you've only changed your name once, please submit an in-game ticket via the Log > Settings > Help > Support, and we can take a closer look at your renaming history.

7. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

I agree with the policy as the profile only keeps a few of the name changes. If we accept someone that’s kicked half their guild out before I want to know it so we don’t promote them giving them the chance to do it again. The only way around that would be for Midoki to put something in their profile to identify them as such. Easier to just make the cost prohibitive.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  8. Wildmanwild

Thank You yes that would be great I’ve created a support call to see why

9. Wildmanwild

I’m on cloud 9 I have my old tag back thank you Modoki, RIP PAW

Sea Patriot and Capt. Sharky like this.
  10. Capt. Sharky

Capt. Sharky First Mate

You'll always be Wildmanwild to me :cool:

11. Floki

Floki Captain

The artist formally know. As Floki ......That would be my name change heheehehehehe

Sea Patriot likes this.
  12. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

My original name doesn’t even show in the log, just my previous one, haha

Floki likes this.